Guidelines to prevent coronavirus infection
Eira hospital is keen to prevent any further spreading of the coronavirus (Covid-19) in Finland. Good hand hygiene is the most effective way to prevent any virus infections. Do follow the important instructions below in order to avoid contraction and if you suspect that you have contracted corona.
INSTRUCTIONS TO PREVENT INFECTION:
- Keep your hand clean. Wash them often with soap and warm water at least 20 seconds.
- If you do not have water and soap available use a hand sanitizer containing alcohol.
- When using a hand sanitizer containing alcohol, use enough to be able to rub your hands thoroughly.
- If you must cough or sneeze, do so into your sleeve or a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash. Under any circumstances do not cough into your hands.
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Avoid close contact to people who are sick or have been in the epidemic areas.
WHEN SHOULD I SUSPECT A CORONA INFECTION?
According to The Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) you may be infected should you
• have fever, coughing and shortness of breath
• if you have EITHER been in close contact with a corona infected person
• if you yourself within the past 14 days have visited a country with a high spreading of the corona viruss.
IF YOU SUSPECT YOU HAVE CONTRACTED CORONAVIRUS, FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
Call Eira customer service at 09 1620 570 or Helsinki city coronavirus help center at 09 310 10024 in order to receive further instructions.
Do not visit any medical facility, always call first!
If you are an Eira occupational health client, please call your occupational health nurse in order to get further instructions.
You can also follow the latest updates on THL’s website.