YOU CAN CONSULT GENERAL PRACTITIONERS ABOUT THE FOLLOWING MATTERS
- colds and flu
- minor wounds
- infections and communicable diseases
- blood pressure and cholesterol measurement
- certificates concerning health status
- when you want to discuss matters related to your health.
If your problem requires a consultation with a specialist, the general practitioner can recommend and refer you to the appropriate doctor. There are no impediments to wheelchair or wheeled walker access to any of the doctors at the medical centre or the hospital.
The most common health status certificates from General Practitioners at Eira Hospital:
- driving licence certificate
- seafarer’s certificate
- certificate for divers
- certificates for studies or for an employer
- health certificate for young people.
NB! Benzodiazepine medication or CNS depressants (CNS = affecting the central nervous system)
- We do not renew benzodiazepine or ADHD medications at general practitioners' appointments for patients who have a treatment relationship elsewhere. Please be in contact with your attending physician regarding these.
- For long-term users of CNS products, follow-up guidance for psychiatric care is recommended.