WHEN IS HYPNOTHERAPY BENEFICIAL?
In terms of mental and physical stress symptoms, psychosomatic complaints, sleep problems, states of fear and anxiety symptoms, the condition in some senses maintains itself. You could talk about negative self-hypnosis or vicious circles that you cannot escape. In a hypnotherapeutic approach, the key is to understand and break up this sort of stalemate or deadlock. In addition, hypnosis is an effective way for the body and soul to relax and thus gain a different contact with the “deeper structures” of the soul, which can maintain physical or mental symptoms.
MEDICAL HYPNOSIS IS EFFECTIVE FOR TREATING:
- fear and anxiety states
- many psychosomatic diseases or symptoms
- functional intestinal complaints (IBS) and other functional stomach complaints
- sleep problems (that are maintained by stress)
- all conditions in which mental stress exacerbates or maintains physical or mental symptoms
- in mental training, e.g. prior to childbirth or performance
The recovery or alleviation of the symptoms can happen very quickly, but follow-up is required in order to achieve a reliable result. Commonly, hypnotherapeutic treatment stretches across 5–10 treatment sessions. The time across which the treatment stretches can be longer if the symptoms or problems are complex or the patient wants to treat challenges with their soul in the wider sense.
No referral is required for this treatment and Kela reimburses that part of the cost that pertains to consultations with a doctor.